Infuse Your Skin with Life
Our approach to skin care is a little bit cutting edge. A little bit modern. A little bit different. That can be a little bit scary for some. But for us, there is no other way. We see skin care the same way we see nutrition. Food is medicine; plants are medicine. We need to nourish the outside of our bodies the same way we nourish the inside. We believe you can change a lifestyle or a diet to heal and prevent symptoms all together, without excessive pharmaceutical use. Thus, we see skin care the same way. In the case of skin care, food is equivalent to whole plant products and aging, acne, or rosacea are a few of the symptoms.
Let’s expand on why we are different:
- We believe in supporting the skin and not ‘forcing’ the skin. Your skin cells are smart. They want to make collagen, they want to reproduce or turnover, they want to be moist, dewy, and healthy! The more we force our skin to get what we want with ingredients like acids, retin A, peptides, synthetic antioxidants —or even manipulated plant derivatives—the more we are ‘dumbing down’ our own skin. Those ingredients are all addressing symptoms, and not addressing full skin health. Whole plants address actual skin health, so drastically that there are many plants that even repair damaged DNA entirely.
- Our fancy cutting edge ingredients are WHOLE PLANTS. Most of us have now woken up to the fact that multivitamins that we took as a child are not a replacement for kale, spinach, or any of our fruits and vegetables. So why is that an exception with skin care? Why are synthetic forms of Vit B, Vit E, and Vit C widely accepted as hot ingredients in skin care? In reality they are drastically cheaper than real plants, and less effective. Real food nourishes our body, not synthetic vitamins. It’s time to start seeing our skin as part of our body and start seeing more results. Synthetic ingredients are damaging to our bodies because our skin doesn’t easily recognize and use them in useful ways to heal our body, it actually does the opposite. They get deposited in our lymph system and sit there forever! Our real unprocessed whole plants, which act in an opposite way to stimulate lymph movement, contain CoQ10, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins A-K, Ferulic Acid, humectants, proteins, acids, antioxidants, lipids, Omegas, probiotics, peptides, Beta Carotene, even stem cells. Actually, fun fact – did you know that stem cells actually do not do anything to your skin themselves? They simply encourage your own stem cells to jump into action? So does a simple whole plant like Comfrey. The point is, Whole Plants are not manipulative; the building blocks of healthy skin are all within them and ready to be utilized by our skin.
- Your skin IS Alive.Chemical peels and acids are absolutely affecting living skin cells. Though, it’s true there are dead skin cells on the surface of your skin, many of the cells are still alive and in the process of dying. The living cells send messages directly to the dermis and the entire body! When you harm the living cells of the epidermis you are sending messages to the dermis and the rest of your body that it is under attack. When under attack, the skin inflames and inhibits all healthy skin functions and thus lead to more accelerated aging over time.
- Sacrificing Commercialism for Efficacy. Alcohol, water, foaming agents (natural or not) emulsifiers, thickeners, and standard preservatives are not invited into our formulas. All ingredients should be doing something good for the skin. Ingredients found in foaming cleansers and standard ‘lotions’ contain ingredients that are harmful to our protective lipid layer, our outer most living cells, and our healthy skin flora. And our #1 goal is to slow down the aging process not accelerate it. By eliminating standard commercial ingredients and using whole plant ingredients, our products achieve this.
- Address Inflammation to begin to heal, first and foremost. Everyone, absolutely everyone, suffers from different symptoms of inflammation. When the skin is inflamed it is impossible for it produce collagen, turnover, or to be healthy in general and function normally. This must be addressed BEFORE anything else for the skin to truly heal. Inflammation is addressed in all of our formulas, and the specifically the Anti-Inflammatory Serum, which is recommended for all skin types.
- The skin takes what it needs. Most synthetics are made to mimic what is actually found in plants. For example, Rosehip Seed Oil contains forms of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A – all easily recognized and utilized by the skin. By applying a supportive ingredient like ‘whole plant’ Rosehip Seed Oil, our skin has the option of taking what it needs and treating the rest as waste. With a more forceful ingredient like Ascorbic Acid or Retin A, our skin would be forced to utilize these ingredients even if its not what is best for it at that time.
- Touch your face. We have seen the most positive results from our products when a routine includes massage, and lymphatic movement. Again, we want to point out the importance of our lymphatic system, and the role it plays in the health of our skin. Anything we can do to support it will create positive change. Make self care a priority, and make it enjoyable. It is our goal to make simply washing your face a luxurious and pleasant experience for you. Treating your body and skin with love is a key element to a successful anti-age regime.
Our products effectively address all signs of aging; including the declining functions of the cell cycle, sebaceous secretions, sweat secretions, collagen production, lymphatic movement, circulation, even DNA damage. With all of the above functions working as they should, you will have healthy glowing skin. And by using WHOLE PLANT science, you will get there in fullest and most complete way possible, and your results will last longer than the most recent synthetic pharmaceutical breakthrough.